Best Professional Home Inspector in Houston
Photo of inspector inspecting a roof in Houston, TX
Best Professional Home Inspector in Houston
Home Inspection in Houston, Texas
Home Inspection in Cypress & Houston, TX inspector near you.
Buying a home could be the most significant financial commitment you ever make; so, it’s important to know exactly what you’re getting into before you sign that contact. And that’s where inspection services come in. We designed my home inspection services to give you a thorough and accurate description of your potential new home’s condition so that you can make an informed decision about your purchase.
We operate all the appliances that are accessible, and we can safely operate. We check the heating and air conditioner for proper operation (temperature permitting). We walk on most roofs and go into the attic as part of the inspection. Our inspections include the rodent and fencing for most properties. We open the electrical panels for inspection and operate all plumbing fixtures. We can include crawl space, pools and spas for an additional fee. Immediately after our inspection, we walk the entire house with you inside and out to provide a verbal summary of our findings.
We’re All About Details
At Houston Jacob Home Inspections, LLC, we know how to focus on details while keeping an eye on the big picture. We can inspect your home inside and out to address issues such as:
Outdated electrical panels
Incomplete appliance installation
External Conditions & Surfaces
Roof, Attic, Insulation & Ventilation
Plumbing & Electrical Systems
Heating & Cooling Systems
Foundations, Slabs & Floors
Walls & Ceilings
Garage, Walls & Driveway
and much more...
And we’ll be certain to present our findings in a clear, concise, and easy-to-read fashion. So, before you agree to purchase a home, get the facts and protect yourself from hidden costs and lurking problems. Call Houston Jacob Home Inspections, LLC today for more information or to schedule a home inspection.
Your home inspector is an INTERNACHI certified plumbing inspector. Hire Houston Jacob Home Inspection LLC. for your home inspection.
The electrical inspection is one of the major components of a home inspection checklist.
Contact the Best Licensed Professional Houston Home Inspection Company today!
Contact the best home inspection company for your all home inspection needs.
Aspiring to assist sellers and buyers to make a well-informed decision for the property! Book our services today.
Types Property Inspected - Call for pricing
Residential Property for Buyers and Sellers -Includes Thermal imaging
New Home Construction Phase Inspections - 3 Phases:
Note: Client must notify us before slab is poured.
This inspection is performed after trenches or footers have been dug and all metal and
pipe casings and/or liners have been put into place, but before pouring concrete.
• All known plan measurements of depth and width of footings are verified.
• All metal- rebar, beams, tension cables, etc.- are inspected for proper placement and
• All known pipe and sleeve measurements are verified for proper placement.
Pre-insulation/Drywall (2nd Phase inspection);
Note: Client must notify us before insulation and drywall is installed.
This inspection is performed prior to drywall or other interior wall covering being installed.
• Inspect for defective, warped, missing and misplaced framing members
• Inspect for proper wood grades, placement, span measurement, notching,
borings, and truss usage.
• Inspect anchor bolts, fire blocking and truss ties
• Inspect framing fasteners and connectors for proper schedules
• Visually inspect the electrical wires and plumbing installed through the
framing system including proper nail stop protection
• Visually check the HVAC rough-ins and duct conditions
• Visually check Air Handler condensation drain and overflow drain lines
• Check exterior walls, sheeting seal, wall penetrations, windows and sealants
• Visually check exterior electrical and lighting fixtures
Final Home Inspection, Pre-closing
Note: Before you walkthrough with your builder.
This inspection is conducted when all construction is complete. This is basically the same inspection we do on all houses new or used. On new houses, it must be coordinated with the builder's schedule to be sure all systems are complete and ready for occupation. It should be completed before closing with enough time remaining to accomplish any necessary repairs.
It is the final inspection to verify that all Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing systems are installed and operating as intended including, but not limited to:
• Full home inspection meeting or exceeding all requirements of the Standard of Practice
as delineated by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) - link to standards.
• Inspect the Structure including: Foundation, Grading and Drainage, Roof Covering,
Roof Structure and Attic, Walls (interior and exterior), Ceilings and Floors, Doors,
Windows, Fireplace/Chimney, Porches, Decks, Driveways, Carports
• Inspect Electrical Systems including: Service Entrance & Panels, Branch Circuits,
Outlets, Switches, Fixtures, Disconnects, GFCI's
• Inspect Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning Systems, Ducts
• Inspect Water Supply System, Fixtures, Drains, Wastes Vents,
and Water Heating Equipment.
• Inspect built in Appliances, and other Optional Systems
The "final" inspection is the type of inspections that is done when we are asked to do an "inspection". We can only tell you what we can see, touch, or test. We cannot see through concrete or walls. When you buy a completed house, whether "New" or "Used", this is the only type inspection that can be accomplished without destruction of the media (drywall, concrete, etc.) that obstructs our vision.
One Year Warranty Inspections - This inspection should occur 11 months after purchase. 10% discount if pre-sale inspection was performed by Houston Jacob Home Inspection.
Commercial Property Inspections
Do you need a building inspection in Houston, TX? Hire us!
During a Building Inspection we look for major building defects such as:
- Leaking roofs or damaged roof plumbing
- Structural cracks or timber framing inadequacies
- Leaking showers or baths / wet areas
- Damp issues such as rising damp or penetrating damp
- Issues with footings of the building
- Poor external drainage or storm-water concerns
- Water drainage and poor water pressure
- Potential safety hazards such as collapsing balconies
- Potential Fire Hazards
- Age of water heaters – (implications for damage caused upon failure, and replacement timeframe)
- Furnace and Water boilers
- Air conditioning systems
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO HAVE YOUR HOUSTON AREA HOME OR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INSPECTED BY A PROFESSIONAL REAL ESTATE MASTER INSPECTOR?
Whether you’re a seller or buyer of an existing Houston, Texas home, you have tremendous benefits to gain from our professional Houston home inspection services. We offer the a full range of Professional Home and commercial real estate inspection services and the best possible prices found in the Houston, Texas area. Our customer satisfaction and home inspection reputation is second to none. Visit our website Reviews page to gain a full appreciation of our excellent customer services, client reviews and great inspection pricing. We are your preferred property inspector in the greater Houston, Texas area, providing a full range of home inspection services.
Our customer satisfaction and Houston Home Inspection Reputation is a clear demonstration of our experience and expertise in the building inspection industry. We are your preferred property inspectors in Houston, Texas providing a full range of home inspection services.
HOUSTON HOME & COMMERCIAL SERVICES INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INSPECTION AREAS AND MORE!
During the HOUSTON PROPERTY Inspection the foundation will be checked for visible signs of settlement and abnormal defects through a thorough visual inspection of the foundation, home’s structure, exterior slab face, interior and exterior windows, doors and framing.
* Identify the type of foundation and determine if the foundation is performing properly
* Inspect the foundation, related structural components and slab surface where possible
* Inspect the crawl space area of pier / block and beam construction to determine the general condition of the foundations structural components
* Inspect the area on pier / block and beam homes for proper crawl space ventilation
* Observe the site for conditions which may be adversely affecting the foundations performance, such as improper grading and drainage, plumbing leaks and or ponding
GRADING AND DRAINAGE SYSTEMS
Drainage Systems remove subsurface and surface water from property . Improper grading and drainage (standing water) of the property can result in foundation problems and possible structural water penetration . Observing the grading and drainage situation of a home is critical in areas of expansive clay, such as Houston . Approximately 80% of foundation problems are caused by poor drainage, the property should slope and have swales cut so that water drains away from the structure.
A HOUSTON HOME INSPECTION covers all accessible Roof Systems and Surfaces. Roof surfaces are observed from ground level or from a ladder (depending on conditions). If abnormalities in the roof surface are noticed the inspector may walk on some roof surfaces to better evaluate its condition.
Roofing Structure & Attic
During the Home Inspection the Inspector will Inspect the roof structure and attic area, observing the following:
Inspect the condition of the roof structure and sheathing:
* Observing for evidence of moisture penetration
* Verify that there is proper bracing for the roof structure
in the attic area
* Observe for the presence of adequate attic space ventilation
* Identify that there is Fire stopping at the chimneys where necessary, in the attic breezeways between attached garages and between the units in townhouses and condominiums
* Inspect for separations at the rafters and ridge that may have been caused by foundation settlement
* Observe openings or gaps at the exterior of the roof structure that may allow small animal or insect infestation
* Inspect for eave vent screens blocked by insulation or torn allowing Insect Infestation
* Inspect the attic ladder to insure that it is properly secured and installed
* Observe the presence and approximate depth of insulation
WALLS [INTERIOR & EXTERIOR]
During the Home Inspection all interior & exterior walls will be checked for deficiencies
Ceilings and Floors
Some of the common problems found when Inspecting Ceilings and Floors In Houston Homes are:
* Evidence of water penetration on ceilings and floors will be checked with a moisture meter to determine if the leak is active
* Evidence of Insect Infestation
* Not level or uneven flooring will be checked with a laser level to determine the severity of this condition
* The safety and proper operation of the attic access ladder
* Cracks in any of the sheet rock ceilings that may be indications of more than normal movement in the structure
* Proper structural support of the ceilings and floors
* Cracks in tiled floors
Interior and Exterior Doors
During the HOUSTON HOUSE INSPECTION all doors, interior and exterior, are inspected. Common problems often found during the Inspection are:
* Doors that do not shut or latch properly, This can be a sign of structural movement of the home
* Garage doors that are not fire rated , Wood rot at exterior doors / door trim
* Reversed sliding glass doors
* Exterior veneer and condition of wood
* Deteriorated weather stripping
* No spring on garage door
* Screen door not installed on sliding glass doors
During the Houston Home Inspection all window will be inspected for the following:
* Broken glass panes
* Evidence of water penetration at the window or windowsill
* Windows that do not operate
* Degraded or missing weather stripping
* Broken window springs and latches
* Inspect insulated double pane glass windows for fogging or other evidence of broken seals
* Inspect burglar bars for functional egress in appropriate areas
* Window screens that are missing or torn
Fire Places and Chimneys
The following are common problems found in the fireplace and chimney area:
* Gaps in the bricks of the firebox
* No fire stopping in the attic
* Chimney cap missing or ineffective
* Damper not operating properly
* Gas leaks
* "C" clamp missing
* Full of soot
* If needs to be cleaned
PORCHES, DECKS, STEPS, BALCONIES, CARPORTS
Attached porches, decks, carports, steps, and balconies are included in a Houston Home Inspection, the Houston Inspector will observe for the following:
* The general structural integrity of the structure is inspected
* Items include; visible footings, joists, decking, railings and attachments points
* Metal carports are Inspected for excessive rust or deterioration of the building materials
* The roofs and roof coverings are inspected also for any signs of water penetration or damage
* The Inspector will also look for any signs of Insect Infestation (termites) or wood decay
* The Inspector will observe for the presence of any earth to wood contact which can promote wood rot and Insect Infestation
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS & SERVICES
During the Houston Home Inspection of the Electrical Service Entrance and panel box, items inspected are:
* Observe Service Entrance cables for integrity of insulation
* Drip loop
* Separation of Conductors at weather heads and the proper clearance of overhanging power lines
Electrical Branch Circuits
The following are common problems found during a Houston, TX Home Inspection of Branch Circuits and connected fixtures and devices:
* Improperly spliced or terminated wires
* Aluminum wiring and improper terminations
* The presence of G.F.C.I. (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters) Breakers where necessary
* Electrical outlet face plates missing or damaged
* Polarity problems
* Fixtures that do not operate
* Loose outlets
HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC)
All HVAC Ducts & Vents are Inspected for functionality visually observed defects and system issues. We also use a Industrial grade Infrared Thermometer to measure the temperatures output at the registers and measure the differentials against the return air temperature to determine whether or not the system is cooling and heating properly.
PLUMBING SYSTEMS - WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM & FIXTURES
During the Houston Home Inspection the plumbing systems will be Inspected for the following items:
* Inspect for the type and condition of all accessible and visible water supply and waste-water and vent pipes
* Inspect and operate all fixtures and faucets where the flow end of the faucet is not connected to an appliance
* Observe for the presence of back-flow devices
* Anti-siphon devices or air gaps
* Observe water supply by viewing functional flow in two fixtures operating simultaneously to check water pressure levels
* Observe functional drainage at accessible plumbing fixtures
* Inspect installation of hot and cold faucets
* Inspect mechanical drain stops if installed on sinks, laboratories and tubs
* Inspect commodes for cracks in the ceramic material
* Proper and secure mounting on the floor
* Evidence of leaks and operation of the tank components
* Inspect all supply and drain pipes for evidence of leaks
* Observe existence of visible vent pipe system to the exterior of the structure and for proper routing and termination of the vent system
* Inspect the shower pan for leaks
* Operate and Inspect exterior faucets for the presence of back flow prevention and operation
Well Water System & Water Testing
If equipped, the Home’s Water Well System is Inspected at an additional charge for system conditions and functionality. Water Testing is performed for an additional fee. A water sample is collected during the well inspection, delivered to the local county agency for proper well water testing. The results are generally delivered to the client within 36 hours.
Drains, Waste, Vents
During the Home Inspection in Houston, the followings items will be Inspected:
* A performance test of all drains by running all faucets for a period of time to insure that they are functioning correctly and that there are no leaks
* Check all drain connections for leaks where possible and if no access is provided to Inspect where necessary, it will be noted
* Determine that drain vent stacks are properly sealed at the roof terminations where accessible for Inspection
Water Heating Systems (Water Heaters)
During the Home Inspection process the Houston Inspector will Inspect the electric or gas water heaters in the home. The following items will be noted:
* Inspect the tank and fittings for leaks and corrosion
* Observe the temperature and pressure relief valve piping for gravity drainage, size of drain pipe (no smaller than the outlet fitting), material, and termination
* These conditions are recognized hazards, Inspect for broken or missing parts, covers or controls
* Observe the condition of burner, flame and burner compartment if it is a gas water heater
* For an electric water heater Inspect the operation of the heating elements and the condition of the electrical wiring
* Observe and report materials used for the gas branch line and the connection to the appliance
* Inspect presence, location and accessibility of gas shut-off valve and for leaks at the valve
* Inspect the type of vent pipe and its condition, draft, proximity to combustibles and its termination point
* Observing for adequate combustion and draft air
* Observe for the presence of a water-tight safety pan and drain line
* Ensuring there is no debris or rust in the safety pan that could clog the drain line, which could cause the safety pan to overfill into the surrounding area
* Ensure that the water heater is in a safe location and has been installed correctly
* Inspect garage units or units which are located in rooms that open into the garage for protection from physical damage to the unit, and ignition sources are a minimum clearance of 18 inches above the garage floor, the absence of which is a recognized hazard
Hydro-Therapy Equipment - If applicable, we run the Jacuzzi Tub through a cycle to test the flow through each individual jet to determine if the system is working properly. We also test the GFCI electrical receptacle to insure that it is working properly and will keep the user from any chance of electrical shock.
During the Houston home inspection the following kitchen appliances are inspected to insure that they are installed properly and are in good working condition.
Dishwasher, Food Waste Disposal, Range Hood Exhaust Fan, Ranges, Ovens and Cook Tops, Microwave Cooking Equipment, Trash Compactor, Bathroom Exhaust Fans and Heaters, Garage Door Opener, Dryer Vents, Other Built-In Appliances
Choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Unlike most professionals, you probably will not get to meet me until after you hire me. Furthermore, different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods, and yes, different pricing. One thing for sure is that a home inspection requires work, a lot of work. Ultimately a thorough inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort.
This I promise you.
Jacob Cho, CMI